Saturday, November 1, 2008

Oops

Has it really been a month since my last update?

Hmm, well things are good for the most part. Work is good, roommate is good, New York is good. Last night was Halloween, i.e. the WORST night to try to get from Manhattan to Brooklyn. I was at a bar with Greg, Ted, Juyoun and Renata up around 70th street, and then Renata and I left to come back home. We took the subway for a while, walked some ridiculously long transfer, waited for a while at the next stop, and then decided to get a taxi. It took us a while to find an on-duty cab, and then the trip back took a long time because there was so much traffic. City living at its dumbest.

It was funny to see thousands of people strolling the streets in costume. The city was pretty nuts (Friday + Halloween + warm weather.....duh). I picked up some blinking devil ears from a street peddler to not be completely lame. I'd hoped I could put together a hipster costume this year, but it just didn't happen. Oh well, there's always next year.

Okay, gonna wrap this up because Saturday time is precious.

Music obsession update: Why didn't anyone tell me about Innervisions by Stevie Wonder?! It's better than The Bends, better than Dark Side of the Moon, better than Led Zeppelin's debut, better better better!

ps. I met someone :)

No comments: