Sunday, September 21, 2008

Back

Ugh, I already suck at updating!

What should I say? Well, life in Brooklyn is pretty good so far. I'm just getting the hang of my job, and I think I'll really like working there. My company, TheLadders.com (100k job listing website), seems like a great place to work. It was a bit unsettling showing up to work last Monday to hear that a mile away the financial world was melting (bye bye Lehman Brothers), but it might just mean more business for us since all those high-level people are now looking for jobs.

As a "resume critiquer," one of the better parts of my job is laughing at how awful some people's resumes are. On Thursday I saw one that was entirely in Caps Lock in a font that resembles handwriting. That was just the beginning of its problems but the funniest thing was that at the end it said "Hobbies - cricket." That'll get you 100k a year!

OH and I got a roommate! Friend of a friend, same year at Conn, was acquainted, seems really nice, already has full-time work in New York. She's moving in probably next weekend, just in time to save me from bankruptcy. And she's bringing a couch! Good news all around.

This weekend Lori and Skylar came to visit. It was good to see them, although Lori hates the city. If I lived in Manhattan she probably wouldn't be able to handle it.

Music obsession update: I bought "Cassadaga" by Bright Eyes recently. So good! Sprawling, sophisticated, world-class stuff.

Alright, let's call this a second entry. I'll try to do better. Now I'm an adult of sorts, I'm gonna actually try to establish some order and balance to my life, and not let work dominate everything like last year at college. I'm going to get back into art, reading, running, cooking, etc.

Till next time, lonely frigid blog!

No comments: